The Link Between Factory Closings And Workers’ Compensation Claims
If you have received notification that your factory or place of employment is scheduled for permanent closing, our team of attorneys at Lerner, Piermont & Riverol, P.A., can help you determine your options for filing a workers’ compensation claim within the statute of limitations following an injury.
Many workers throughout New Jersey suffer injuries for years without filing a legitimate insurance claim because they are concerned about employer retaliation or their future opportunities at their company. Even if they do file a claim, they do so on their own, or pro se, and subsequently have their claim denied.
Whether your claim has been denied or if you have yet to file, we can help you craft a strategy to secure the compensation you deserve.
Time Is Of The Essence In Workers’ Compensation Claims
The statutory time period for filing an injury claim typically expires two years following an injury or a plant closing. Regardless of when your injury occurred, it’s important to speak with an attorney. Our lawyers have more than 100 years of combined workers’ compensation and personal injury law experience helping injured workers file successful claims and obtaining the compensation they are entitled to.
Industrial Accident Injuries And Occupational Diseases
We represent people who have suffered industrial accident injuries and occupational diseases such as:
- Knee, back, or neck injuries that can lead to lingering health problems
- Repetitive strain injuries, including carpal tunnel syndrome
- Asbestos exposure and exposure to other toxic chemicals, some of which can cause mesothelioma and respiratory disease
- Construction accidents with injuries that may include burns and disfigurement
- Eye injuries that may lead to blindness
- Hearing loss due to exposure to excessive noise onsite
- Post-traumatic stress disorder, and emotional and psychiatric problems
Take Action Immediately Following An Injury In New Jersey
If your plant or place of employment is scheduled to permanently close, contact the workers’ compensation lawyers at Lerner, Piermont & Riverol, P.A., located in Jersey City, to speak with us about any type of occupational injury or illness you may have suffered during your period of employment. Contact us online or dial 201-479-4415 today.